In the recent years, there were limitless changes in the world of technology. The same has happened in the world of software testing where Test Automation has evolved to release a software product faster with the highest quality.
Technological innovations have lived up to our wishes and demands! One such example is Script-less Automation Testing.
Today’s accelerated development processes requires automation testing methodologies to reach the end users sooner with a quality and high performing application.
But most of the automation testing tools require scripting and technical knowledge, and also require specific programming languages with knowledge and expertise.
Then again, traditional testing methods were rather time-consuming in nature. Because of which receipt of feedback was too slow. So at the end of the day, neither the business owners nor the functional teams could fully comprehend the automated scripts.
So, Script-less Automation Testing serves the purpose here. It not only eliminates the need of scripted coding to automate software testing but also serves the users to automate their tests themselves without any programming knowledge. The major benefit that script-less automation provides is that it empowers manual testers to leverage their testing skills to create automated test cases.
Script-less Automation Testing brings the collaboration between Manual and Automation Testing to improve Software and Product Quality.
Automated testing has developed gradually to save time and effort on those tasks that consume a lot of time and effort with manual approach. Therefore, it is pretty clear that the manual testing and automation testing have to go hand in hand together. None of the two dominates each other and if the two are applied together, they deliver effective results which enhances the product quality and end delivery.
Script-less Test Automation opens doors for Manual Testers to work more for software quality.
Test cases created by manual testers cover different combinations of testing scenarios and these test cases act as input to develop automated test scripts. Manual testers are the one who decide what should be automated.
Learning automated functional testing tools requires learning a programming language and that can be a challenging task for manual testers who focus to sharpen their logical skills to improve their testing skills.
However, the scenario has changed. All thanks to Script-less Test Automation. This has made it easy for manual testers to create effective automated test cases leveraging their existing testing skills. With this saying, they can serve more for the product quality enhancement.
As we have got the detailed description of Script-less automation testing and how it helps, let us take a look at other advantages it can offer.
- Good for technical and non-technical users.
- Allow business analysts and other subject matter experts to participate.
- User-Friendly Interface.
- Minimum requirement for coding, business stakeholders can also participate in the QA process and offer valuable reviews for enhancing quality of the end product.
- Eliminate coding that is tool-specific.
Thus, Script-less Automation Testing has become a boon to the users as it cuts down the burden of coded automation testing.
One such great tool suggested for Scriptless Automation Testing is TestProject.io Tool -:
Details About TestProject.io Tool –
- Captures real time activity for any Android or iOS application.
- Easily create tests for any Android or iOS application.
- Uses the power of Appium with no coding skills required.
- Can create IOS test cases from windows machine as well.
- Cross Browser and Cross Platform.
- Free Tool
Why To Use TestProjet.io Tool ?
- Advanced built-in recording capabilities.
- AI-Powered Self-Healing technology built right in.
- Seamlessly supports iFrames, Popups and Dynamic Elements.
- With built in Adaptive-wait technology it automatically handles deviations in web application loading times.
Features Of TestProject.io Mobile Test Recorder –
- Intuitive Element Explorer -: Simply hover over any element within your mobile application, inspect the attributes and determine your locator strategy with ease
- Automatic Step Recorder -: Simply interact with your application and TestProject will record your every move.
- Real Time Mirroring -: See your application’s activity in real time, right within your web browser. All you need is to plug in your physical mobile device or emulator, and TestProject will automatically detect and mirror your screen live, including mirroring real iOS devices on Windows.
- Test Debug and Replay -: Easily debug step by step, get visibility to parameters and real values. Identify failed steps with detailed error messages, update steps, element locators, actions, assertions, validations, test data, and replay.
- Export to Appium Code -: Turn your recordings into code with one click. Developers can extend and customize tests to their heart’s desire.
- Integrate Test Cases with Addons Feature -: Collection of coded Automation Actions you can use within any test to empower TestProject’s in-browser recorder and extend its built-in capabilities even further.
- Test case Summary Report -: Summaries of the tests that you have run, but it does more than that. It also gives you drill down reports for each test or job that you run. These reports are crammed full of information that can help you when you are trying to figure out why a test failed and also contain a lot of useful information for summary reports.
In this blog, we discussed how script-less automation testing has become indispensable, when it comes to maintaining software quality. Also, we shed some light on its advantages and why software engineers worldwide should implement this strategy in their future development.